What does bullying at work look like?
Do you recognise more than one of these behaviours? Do they happen often?
Gossip or rumours
- Being humiliated or ridiculed
- Being ignored or excluded
- Insulting or offensive remarks
- Persistent criticism of your work
- Excessive monitoring of your work
- Threats of violence or abuse
- Having important information withheld from you
- Ordered to do work below your level of competence
- Being exposed to an unmanageable workload
- Repeated reminders of your mistakes
Chat to Elene about how you can support effective change.
Being bullied can make you feel quite hopeless because the bully is in control and you never know when they’re going to do or say something to put you down. It’s the uncertainty and the lack of control that makes you feel as if you’re drowing with now way out.